2020 Website Application Instructions
Mt. Tabor Art Walk Application Instructions and Participation Requirements
Thank you for your interest! The 15th annual Mt. Tabor Art Walk will take place on May 16-17, 2020. Please read these application procedures carefully before filling out the online application.
I. DEADLINES & DATES
- December 31, 2019 (midnight) - Early bird application deadline.
- January 10, 2020 (midnight) - Final application deadline.
- January 31 - Notification of acceptance made via email.
- April 14 (evening) - MTAW Kickoff Artist Meeting (attendance REQUIRED)
- May 16-17 - Mt Tabor Art Walk, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Early Bird Application Fee: $50 (ends December 31, 2019).
- Regular Application Fee: $65 (January 1 through January 10, 2020).
- The Application Fee includes a $15 non-refundable Jury Fee; the remainder will be refunded if you are not selected. NOTE: No refunds after acceptance to the Mt. Tabor Art Walk.
III. ART & ARTIST REQUIREMENTS
- Submitted work will be reviewed by a judging panel. The decision of the judges will be final. Click here for Jury Criteria.
- Art must be original, visual (no performance), and of high quality. Reproductions of your own designs are OK.
- All items for display and sale must be made by the artist. Only genres represented by your jury images can be sold. For example, if your mediums are painting and pottery, you must provide images for each medium, (e.g. 2 images of paintings and 1 image of pottery).
- A minimum of 75% of selected artists must be in-neighborhood, regardless of jury scores. Mt. Tabor Neighborhood boundaries: South to Division; East to 76th Ave; North to Burnside; West to 49th Ave (Burnside to Hawthorne); West to 50th Ave. (Hawthorne to Division). Click here for BOUNDARY MAP.
- All artists must exhibit within the neighborhood boundary. No exceptions.
- A limited number of artists, residing outside of the neighborhood but residing within the Portland Metro area (Multnomah, Clackamas, Washington, and Clark counties), may apply. Participation is dependent on available hosts.
- Artists are encouraged to host other juried artists at their sites. This enables clustering of sites, resulting in higher attendance and benefiting both the artists and the public.
- The Art Walk is an all-volunteer event organized by neighborhood artists. It is a participatory event, and each artist will be required to attend the April Kick-Off meeting, contribute a minimum of 6 hours for map distribution and/or other tasks. See Section VI.
- Non-juried artists are not allowed to exhibit with juried artists. Violation may result in ineligibility for future Art Walks.
IV. APPLICATION PROCESS
- Fill out the online application and upload your three images (See Section V). The link is at the end of these instructions. Be sure you enter your correct email address.
- Pay application fee via PayPal.
V. IMAGE SUBMISSION
- You will be juried by your submitted images. Click on the link for a video on "How to Photograph Your Art": https://youtu.be/Vpj28da03JQ
- NEW THIS YEAR: Two of your three images must be new images that haven't been used in previous applications to Mt. Tabor Art Walk. One of your three images should be in a square format for easier placement in the Art Walk's brochure/map.
- Photo quality is now a part of the jury process and will impact your score. Your photos must be in focus, properly exposed, background without clutter, and at least 1,280 and at maximum 1,500 pixels on the shortest side. Each image must be less than 10 MB. Images can be saved as gif, jpg, jpeg or png files.
- Files must be labeled with your last name, then your first name's initial, followed by the title of the work pictured and the file extension. Examples: JacobsonD-Lupine.jpg or JacobsonD-MysteryDoor.gif.
IF YOUR IMAGE FILES ARE NOT CORRECTLY NAMED, WE WILL HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING WHO SENT THEM AND YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE COMPLETE.
- By applying to the Mt. Tabor Art Walk you are implicitly allowing your images to be used for publicity purposes.
- Call or email David Leonard ONLY if you have questions about image submission: 503-545-8978 or dllpdx [AT] gmail [DOT] com
- For all other inquiries, email the Art Walk Planning Committee at email@example.com
VI. ARTIST RESPONSIBILITIES
The success of the Art Walk is directly related to each artist’s completion of assigned tasks. Completion of the following designated tasks and obligations is required for participation in future Mt. Tabor Art Walks.
Artist Participation Requirements:
- Attendance at the Kickoff Meeting on April 14th at 7:00 PM.
- Completion of designated tasks (signs, maps, etc.) approximately 6 hours per artist.
- Return of yard signs, other materials, post-Art Walk Survey
- Promoting the MTAW: Artists are asked to actively promote the MTAW, especially via social media (email, personal web site, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Ambassadors for the MTAW: Artists are expected to promote the event in a positive manner and act respectfully towards the attending public and fellow artists.
By the submission of this application to participate in the Mt. Tabor Art Walk the participating artist assumes full liability for any occurrences that take place on his/her property during the Mt. Tabor Art Walk.
Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are accepted, check your email regularly and notify the MTAW if your email address changes. ALL communication will be made through your email address, including notification of acceptance.
Ready to apply?